Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Game controller family tree

I'm just cleaning up some links from another blog that I had. (Sort of. It was DOA, but still has a few interesting links. So I thought that I would move them over here.)

I'm facinated that someone took the time to put together a complete family tree of all the game controllers from the early consoles until now. It makes me remember the days when the complete set of controls for a game consisted of the eight directions you could move the joystick and the fire button. I don't want to go back to those days, but I do like the fact that the learning curve was so nice and shallow. As I get older, I can't seem to master the timing dependant 19 button combos required by some modern games.

(Thanks to Coding Horror for the original link)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home